Monday, November 30, 2009

Going to Jamaica.



Do you see that spot? No, no the one left of the shady palm tree, right there in the warm sun, yeah - that spot.

That is where I will be very soon. I don't plan to move from it until it is time for me to get back on a plane. Seriously. Or at least until it is time for me to wander up the beach to the food shacks to get some chow.

Other than that it will be me, the sun, the sand, some seagulls and a good book or two. But I plan on mostly napping like some lazy cat. I have been going nonstop for the last several months with freelance work, contract work stints, interviews, client meetings and whatnot. And I am in short, utterly exhausted.

So I plan to unwind and recharge the old batteries and plot out my big goals and plans for the next year or so, much as I did on the last tropical retreat I took. It is amazing that when you are away from life's daily stress triggers how you can just clear your mind and be at peace to think.

No laundry to do, no phone calls to return, no endless obligations to keep track of, nothing but just existing and "being". Sure I will be taking a jaunt to a city to handle some business-related stuff and talk a a few people whom will also be on the island during my stay, but that won't consume all of my time.

So, don't be disappointed that I am not frequently publishing to my blog. I will have more to share when I am back and can actually think - since I will have gotten some clarity again. Oh, and if for some bizarre reason I should not return, 'twas a blast kiddies. See you all on the flip side...

(But I am guessing I will be back, a lot more tan, and armed with tons of pictures.)

A

No comments:

Post a Comment