Friday, October 9, 2009

Straight From the Darkside

Hello Readers and Welcome.

For the past several years I have lived my life as a brunette. A few years prior to that I did a stint as a blonde, but it was short lived (boyfriend preferred me blonde, silly, I know). In months of recent, I had been contemplating going blonde again, only this time, to document this chapter in my life - the good, the bad and the blonde moments that I have heard so much about. I have been a natural dark brownie for so long that it would be nice to experience life a little differently.

In order to make this drastic change, it has required 4 trips to the salon to gradually make my transformation without freaking people out too terribly much. The stylist who did this drastic change for me is the talented Tami Scott. You can find out more about her here: www.tamiscottstudios.com

I credit her with keeping my tresses from looking fried or worse, brassy.

The change has left friends, colleagues and family shocked to say the least. Not many have ever seen me as a blonde, but all have said that I pull it off quite well and strangely enough, I have pulled off black, brown, platinum blonde and even a few neon hues rather well too. Go figure.

So far, the experience has been fun. I have gotten a ton of compliments and even had a friend call me (who had not seen me in a while) to say that she saw my boyfriend out with some blonde bimbo. Once she gave the description of what this "blonde" looked like, I quickly realized that she was talking about me. My friend immediately apologized and asked when I had decided to change my look.

Having blonde hair though does come with the usual upkeep and hassles.

For example, I have to get my "roots" touched up every 3 weeks or else I get the dreaded "skunk stripe" down my scalp. I have also found that women give a certain "look" to blonds. Don't ask me why, but they do. A few men have went so far as to crack the obligatory "blonde jokes" (I know so many now I assure you that I am ready for Halloween).

For the most part though, it has been pleasant going golden. I am sure that one day I will go back to my roots, but for now, it's time to have some fun and see what my lighter tressed sisters have been fussing about all along.

Rest assured, I vow to remain smart even though I hav a free pass now to be a "ditz" and get by with it. I only hope to amuse you with my stories and little tidbits of advice and knowledge that I get along the way.

Here's to being a goldengirl!

Best,

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment